Friday, January 10, 2014

Dear Gabby: An Open Letter to Gabrielle Union

Dear Gabby,
I affectionately call you Gabby because like most women my age I have grown up watching your movies and relate to you like sister/cousin/aunt/homegirl. You always played the role of the strong black woman and we LOVE that about you.
Recently you made a decision that most women do by going back to a man who cheated AND fathered a baby outside of your relationship.  I never judged you though, after all we are all human. But recently I have been reading that you blame yourself for his infidelity and I just CAN'T.
Do you know what you just did? You just made every young woman feel as if she can't have a man if she has a career and vice versa. In the days of our Olivia Pope', Michelle Obama, and even Mary Jane's you slandered the idea that success for black women includes a happy home.
By your actions you say to me that if I am a hard working woman that I deserve to be cheated on, that it is expected.
Thanks Gabby.
I'm praying for you girl. Not for your relationship, you ruined that when you gave him a cheating pass. But for your sanity because there is something really wrong with your way of thinking.

Sincerely,
Stiletto McQueen

No comments:

Post a Comment