Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Is Everything Good at G.O.O.D Music?

Idk if I'm reading too much into the situation but it doesn't seem like Big Sean, Detroit raised rapper (and somebody I USED to know) ,is going to be happy with his sophomore album. With his first album Finally Famous not doing the same numbers as his mixtape series due to Kanye West having too much creative control over the project, Big Sean fans were hoping we could get some of that original Big Sean vibe back. But there are already grumblings about the untitled sophomore album.
Apparently the mega hit Clique featuring Jay Z and Kanye West which is a single on the new G.O.O.D Music project was recorded for Big Sean's sophomore album and Kanye pretty much stole it. Big Sean had few words about the situation and remained very political about it, but as his fame grows I can tell that Sean will grow tired of Kanye's shenanigans.

Check out this quote from and interview Big Sean had on Miss Info

"Oh God. Swerve. Yeah, you're gonna get it. I don't know about that. You gotta wait and see man, I don't know. It can't be Cruel Spring. It's gotta be in a timely fashion. I know I did something for it, for Cruel Winter, and I was like goddamnit, I need to cut this for my album because it was really good," he said. "But either way, that's how 'Clique' was, 'Clique' was supposed to be for my album and ended up going on Cruel Summer. I was like goddamit. But I'm still on a song with Jay-Z and Kanye, but it originally was going to be my first single for my next album. We got so many singles that it doesn't even matter."

Hopefully Kanye has bigger plans for the D Town Playa, and he's not just stroking his big ego.

Until then FMOT @stilettomcqueen


No comments:

Post a Comment