Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Who's Offended? Illamasqua Makes Black Face Beautiful

While browsing through my numerous newsletters and online magazines in my email box I came across the most beautiful blackface picture I have ever seen in my life. Now everybody knows I will scream racist like Nicki but for some reason I am far from offended.
I don't think the beauty company Illamasqua had any malicious intent when they published the advertisement, however whoever approved it probably doesn't have a job anymore after all the backlash the ad received.
I honestly don't even think they were trying to do black face, more of a contrast of colors.

But to each it's own, and if you mad.....stay mad because this earns the official Stiletto McQueen stamp.

Check out the original story from Refinery29


No comments:

Post a Comment